Realtec Disk-only Games for Gen/MD

Posted on by

Seize the game – carpe ludum! Forums Eidolon’s Tavern Realtec Disk-only Games for Gen/MD

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      wp1040
      Participant

I have a couple Sega Gen/MD games that came on floppies and I haven’t seen them dumped, nor have I been able to dump them or have someone successfully dump them. The games are “Mega Edit” and “Typing Kid”. These came with the Magicom copier (by Realtec) I picked up a decade ago. It also came with “Tom Clwon” (sic) and “Balloon Boy” which have both been dumped from cart form. Any thoughts on getting the disk games dumped? Here’s a pic of the system:
      http://tinypic.com/r/n6t640/8

I haven’t tested these games in years, but I recall (and you can tell from the name) they are typing games. The Magicom can connect to an old style large PS/2 keyboard. If I recall the disks are formatted in a proprietary way that cannot be read in Windows without a special utility (similar to the native Interceptor copier format). Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

Wouldn’t copying the floppies work? All you’d need is a USB floppy drive.

wp1040
      Participant

I made raw images of the disks before, but I’m trying to get the game data off the disks. They use a proprietary disk format that windows does not recognize.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.