Reply To: Welcoming Party?

Posted on by
Eidolon

Hi Lumanare,

excellent idea, this should be a sticky thread for anyone who wants to introduce him/herself. 🙂

Let’s chime in.

I am 39 years old and live in Germany.
I started with computer games around 1984 on a Commodore 64. Moving on to Commodore Amiga and finally PC on the home computer side. On the console side, I started with the Sega Mega Drive and Mega CD in 1990/91. Imported them from Japan to be ahead of the curve. Moving on to Sega Saturn and then Sega Dreamcast in mid and end 1990ies. After that down the PlayStation line of consoles, where I am stuck now. I never had enough free time to be a multi-system guy…

I run this website since 1997 (whoopsie, 20th anniversary totally forgotten, it was on July 5th 2017) and hope to run it as long as I have some free time to spare. These days, free time for me is sparse, with a fulltime job, being married, plus having lots of other hobbies besides retrogaming too (jogging, playing piano, modern videogames, theatre/concerts, cinema, …).

Originally, there were three websites – Eidolon’s Inn, Kega Fusion and World of M.U.L.E.. I joined them in 2014 in order to reduce my website maintenance efforts.

Still happy to see that Carpe Ludum is still a bit active (but not much 🙁 ).